Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hollywood Reporter Gets a New Editor

Hmmm...several outlets are reporting the appointment of ex-Us Weekly celeb editor, Janice Min, taking the helm at industry mag The Hollywood Reporter. This follows on the heels of the hiring of the former publisher of celeb rag OK! Magazine.

This makes me nervous.

While Min stress the Reporter will remain a trade publication, I would bet that within the year the pub will flip to something more likely to report on Lindsay Lohan's bad behavior than the business that really drives the entertainment industry. If it happens, it'll be about money, of course. I mean, we live in a world where the industry juggernaut Variety chose to lay off its seminal film critic to cut costs.

Time will tell. I hope I'm wrong. The last thing the world needs is another gossip outlet.